Go to DownToMeet Home

Notification options timeline?

Hi DTM team,

Many members of my group have said that they are finding the many emails they are receiving from DTM an annoyance. We have noticed that the notifications page says that email options are coming soon. Could you please let me know around when you expect these options to be made available? I think it would really improve our user experience :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your work.

Bronwyn

Hi Bronwyn,

Notification aggregation is a very large task and unfortunately it’s dependent on other tasks connected to the messaging system. Until they are completed, working on aggregation would be the waste of time since it would have to be re-done after the underlying modules are changed. I can’t provide a time frame for this functionality, but it is coming soon. Thanks for being engaged.

This message thread was from April of 2019. I am one of those members who find the notifications choices lacking. In addition to daily digest email and immediate notification, there should be NO notifications and perhaps a weekly one. I am really getting annoyed by getting a daily email from this platform when I’m only a member of one group, and right now we are not active due to Covid. I really want more control over if I get notifications in the first place, before deciding how often. Thanks.