We’ve built a sophisticated event scheduling engine designed with unlimited scalability in mind. While the front end looks minimalistic, the background processes are extremely complex in order able to host unlimited groups with unlimited members. DownToMeet has officially launched its Beta. The core functionality is complete and working well. You can already use the site to create groups, host and customize events, sign up new members, announce events and invite attendees via Facebook, Twitter, and email.
We’re hard at work bringing you more features and want to give you a sneak peek at what’s coming next. While we have a long-term development plan, this list identifies the priorities for the next month or two. If there are features that you think should be developed sooner, please let us know by posting them here. That will help us prioritize, when possible. Remember, this community is built around the organizers, so your feedback is taken very seriously.
- Automatic email reminders (this can be done semi-automatically for now by re-sending an announcement multiple times by clicking the Announce button)
- Simple messaging
- Add co-organizers
- Event Editor: drag & drop photos. You can already add photos via URL links
- Save event drafts
- Map: Drag and drop a location pin
- Show and search recent locations
- Automatic waitlist
- Add sponsors
- Group membership approval
- User blocking
- Group page customization: background image, main colors, etc.
- Multiple payment processing options
We’ll update this thread with the next batch of features from our roadmap once these have been deployed.
Thank you very much for joining the DownToMeet community.